The scholarship system of VDMS is standardized and transparent, with basic grants depending on the profile and circumstances of the individual student, the level of the education, and extra costs during a semester of graduation.
Students and intermediary organizations (partners) have to meet certain criteria. The emphasis is on talent and motivation.
Eligibility criteria for a scholarship award:
- Financially underprivileged
- Talented (IPK > 3.0)
- Highly motivated
- Socially active
- The studies have to be followed at an accredited educational institution.
- Level starts at SMA and extends to D3, S1, and S2 (for special case).
Duration of support
- A student meeting the criteria will be supported during an uninterrupted period until graduation, unless he or she underperforms.
- Support starts from the 2nd year for all levels, except SMA, which is restricted to the final year.
- D3 is supported from 2nd - 3rd years, S1 from 2nd - 4th years, S2 in 2nd year.
- Support is given within this range and ends after the student's graduation.
- New qualified students can apply once a year for a scholarship through the online Registration System.
- They will be selected by staff of the office of VDMS in Yogyakarta. The Person in Charge (PIC) of the partner organization will verify the student's documents.
- One times a year the students are (self) monitored through a Student Monitoring System
- In case a student needs support the partner organization will be requested by VDMS to coach this student
- The administration is carried out via an internet based administration system.
- The scholarships are managed continuously through that administration system.